Friday, August 2, 2013

In the Queue 5

Day 295
What's the haps for the week of August 2nd.


Bonjour, mes amis. Some big news this week: The Sea Queen's Daughter is now available on Amazon and has its own Goodreads page! If Venice, Carnevale, magic, and romance at all pique your interest... well. You should def check it out. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Okay, so what did you all think of Timothy's elimination from Project Runway last night? I mean, the guy was definitely the weakest designer of the bunch, but at least he was a genuinely good person, unlike SOME people. The drama was just so high school and awful *not overidentifying at all*.

Now on to the queue!



Fiction


Planning: I'm thinking about revisiting a book that I plotted out but then decided wasn't working. It was meant to be a light-hearted caper romance, but maybe it will work better as a noir novel. I'll have to look over my notes and see.

Editing: I'm finally ready to start on initial edits for The Real McGill. These things can't be rushed, you know (well, they can be, but why?).

Writing: Still plotting out the final volume in my "hipstery" series. This one is taking more planning than the others because there are a lot more suspects.

Reading: I finished The Cuckoo's Calling by "Robert Galbraith," aka JK Rowling, yesterday. I have many FEELS about it. Basically, the beginning was great, but the middle dragged and the mystery was ridonkulous. But I think if you like JK Rowling it's worth reading. I also started a book called Lick by Kylie Scott. So far it's hot rock star goodness.



Non-Fiction


Planning: A lot of articles right now. I'd like to write about why we read books, the historical roots of the phrase "What's your poison," Manet's illustrations for The Raven, etc. Whether or not I'll get to all these articles by the end of next week is the question.

Editing: Entries for a gallery catalog I'm contributing to.

Writing: A PR release for an artist.

Reading: Zippo. I'm just not in the mood to read non-fiction right now, even foodie books. But if you've across a good cocktail book, let me know.



What's happening in your life this week?