Friday, July 5, 2013

In the Queue 1

541927_Al Capone's Soup Kitchen, Chicago IL
What's happened, what's happening and what's about to happen.

The blog has been pretty quiet lately, so I thought it would be fun to start a new feature where I share what I'm currently working on. I'm dividing it into fiction and non-fiction categories, since I write both and tend to go into periods where I focus on one or the other. Right now I'm in a fiction writing craze (although I'm still working on non-fiction stuff because that's a steadier income).

Anyway! Here's what's in the queue this week:

Fiction

Planning: to publish The Sea Queen's Daughter as soon as I do a final read-through and format the manuscript for publication.

Editing: nothing, actually, aside from final edits for TSQD.

Writing: my second "hipstery," the sequel to The Lonely Hipster (not yet published), called The Real McGill. I took a long break in the middle of this one, but I'm very close to completing the first draft.

Reading: I also read stuff! Right now I'm reading A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn and The Hour of the Dragon by Robert E. Howard.

Non-fiction

Planning: an article about Edouard Manet's illustrations for "The Raven," which I want to submit to the Edgar Allan Poe magazine, Poe Forevermore.

Editing: I *should* be editing a paper on rock art for publication, but I'm currently ignoring it.

Writing: Struggling over an article where I compare/contrast The Sheik and Fifty Shades of Grey. I think this an article that needs to be written, I'm just not sure how best to approach it yet.

Reading: I started The Riddle of the Labyrinth a few days ago, but it hasn't really captured my attention.



What you working on this week?