Friday, July 26, 2013

In the Queue 4

July 4 on Square 20110704 037
What's happened, what's happening and what's about to happen for July 26th.

The last In the Queue post for July! Where did the month go? Time usually feels like it's crawling to me, but not this month. We got a new puppy, so that has given me a lot to do, and I've resolved to devote at least half my day to fiction writing, or fiction writing related activities like this post.

Is anyone still watching Project Runway? I was hesitant after last season, which was insaaaaanely boring, but so far this season has been better. That Timothy guy is ridic annoying.

Anyway, on to the queue!



Fiction

Planning: I should dig into editing The Real McGill, which I finally finished this week. But I haven't yet. I'm scared.

Editing: *eloquent shrug*

Writing: I started writing the summary of the third and final volume in my "hipstery" series (hipsters + mystery, haha). I write summaries instead of outlines, because outlines are too linear for me. This one is going to be a twist on a classic mansion murder mystery. I'm pretty stoked.

Reading: I finished The Salaryman's Wife. Even though the mystery was super-easy to figure out and a lot of the plot twists were telegraphed, I really loved Sujata Massey's voice. I'll definitely be continuing with this series.

Last night I started The Cuckoo's Calling by "Robert Galbraith," but I'm only 2 pages in so no verdict yet.

On the classics front, I put Treasure Island aside for a bit because it kept putting me to sleep. No joke. Nevertheless, I'm determined to finish it, eventually. The other book I started is called The Seven Sleuths' Club by Carol Norton. It's kind of a precursor to The Babysitters Club. And by precursor I mean I would be bloody shocked if Ann M. Martin hadn't read The Seven Sleuths' Club at some point in her life.



Non-fiction

Planning: To write a review of The Salaryman's Wife and a press release for a gallery in NYC.

Editing: Two articles for Food Riot. Last minute McGee, that's me!

Writing: Just this at the moment.

Reading: I am sadly behind on my non-fiction reading. And even my fiction reading, for that matter. It's kind of stressing me out. Right now I'm lucky if I can get an hour of reading in during the day.



That's all for this week! Anything of note happening your life?