Friday, August 24, 2012

Childhood Trauma-Or, Sports

fantasy sports

Question: what is something you're exceptionally bad at?

I would have say any and all team sports. When I was in middle school, PE class was the bane of my life. Chasing a ball around just doesn't interest me. Not to mention the fact that I'm not very flexible or strong, and my coordination is somewhat questionable, and I am just not built for playing sports. I also HATE having things fly at my face, so things like baseball? No.

By far my least favorite sport to play, though, is volley ball. I'm so bad at it I literally got a concussion once. I was attempting to serve the ball, fell backward, and knocked my head against the concrete floor. I have no idea where the ball the went. That's bad, right?

I do like some sports--that I can do on my own. I love hiking, skiing, even golf. But team sports? For the safety of myself and everyone around me, I think not.


This post is part of Blogust, a meme where we post every day in August. For more information, topics, or to sign up, visit Beyond Elsewhere.



Powered by ScribeFire.