Friday, August 31, 2012

Goodbye, Blogust

blogust banner

Today is the last day of Blogust, which was hosted by Beyond Elsewhere and The Chum Buckett. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person still participating in this challenge, but that's okay. It taught me a lot. For one, no matter how many posts you schedule in advance, they start to run out all too quickly. Also, when I'm in the middle of a work in progress, as I am right now, I think there will have to be a moratorium on blog posts. One would think there'd be enough hours in a day to work on a manuscript and write short blog posts, but apparently not.

One good result of Blogust was that the topics we were given really gave me a lot to think about and helped me focus on what I want and appreciate what I have right now. Although I have several other blogs, I haven't blogged about my personal life in years--I take care to only mention it superficially, if at all, on my other sites. Honestly, opening up about my life here was uncomfortable and a little nerve-wracking; but now that the month's over, I think I realized some important things due to those posts.

I'm not sure I've really settled on a "voice" for this blog yet, which was the goal I originally had for Blogust, but the event has given the blog a great start. So thank you, Blogust!



Powered by ScribeFire.