Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Promo: TWEET THE POLICE now available!

tweet the police cover

Exciting news: my new short mystery, Tweet the Police is now available for purchase! You can currently get it at:

It will be available at iBooks and Barnes & Noble online storefronts in a few days, and I will update my Books page when I have those links (note you can purchase formats for Nook, iPad, Kobo, Sony, and Kindle at Smashwords right now).

What is Tweet the Police about?

Story summary: Rick thought being a sheriff's deputy in the small New Mexico town of Ultima would be a quiet job--but that was before he met Mrs. Pendergast, the local busybody who fancies herself an amateur sleuth.

When Mrs. P sees a tweet asking for help on her new smartphone, she's determined to find out if the "tweep" is okay; and it's all Rick and her granddaughter, Sylvie, can do to keep up with her!

I got the idea for this story when I caught a joke by Jimmy Kimmel one night that someone had "tweeted the police." I thought "Tweet the Police" would be a great title for a story. And being a member of the Twitterati myself, I couldn't help but think about how tweeting the police would work in real life.

Law enforcement using social media to catch criminals isn't that unusual. Several people have been arrested after bragging about their crimes on FaceBook (which should definitely go into the Dumb Criminals file), and a city not far from where I live actually has a police team dedicated to scanning social media sites. Of course, solving the mystery in Tweet the Police isn't as straight-forward as looking up someone's status update.

The heart of the story, though, is the characters, especially Mrs. Pendergast. Mrs. P is a retiree who's still learning new things and following her passions. She deserves a lot more respect than she gets from the sheriff's office, which is something they find out during the course of the story.

I hope you all enjoy reading Tweet the Police as much as I enjoyed writing it!





Powered by ScribeFire.