Monday, August 27, 2012

Climb Every Mountain

following dreams

Yes, I'm scared to follow my dreams. Who isn't? Nothing's worse than a dream that dies in its pursuit, lying crushed on the ground like a bird that flew straight into a window.

Just because I'm scared to follow them, though, doesn't mean I don't. I think the opportunities to do the things you've always wanted to do come along--maybe not in the time frame and way that you want or imagine they will, but eventually they do. A professor of mine once told me, "If you really want to go to Europe, you'll get the chance," and he was right. In such cases it would be foolish not to go for it.

However, sometimes you (meaning I) get impatient and want to FORCE things to happen. This never works out and tends to make you and everyone around you miserable.

So while I am scared to follow my dreams, I think I'm more frightened that I'll lose faith they'll come true and stop dreaming.


This post is part of Blogust, a meme where we post every day in August. For more information, topics, or to sign up, visit Beyond Elsewhere.



Powered by ScribeFire.